CognoCentric
 

 
Email me at careygage "at" yahoo "dot" com You know what to do with the "at" and the "dot"
 
 
  Steven DenBeste
Glenn Reynolds
James Lileks
Citizen Smash
OpinionJournal Best of the Web
Plain Old OpinionJournal
Moira Breen
Tim Blair
Damian Penny
Stuart Buck
Stephen Green
Rand Simberg
Martin Devon
Fritz Schrank
Meryl Yourish
Happy Fun Pundit
Overlawyered
Unqualified Offerings
Andrew Sullivan
The Onion
The New York Sun
Jane Galt
Mark Steyn
Cut on the Bias
Scrappleface
Bill Whittle
 
 
Sunday, January 12, 2003
 
A hilarious story from Sgt Mom about childrearing in the mid to early boomer years. My own mother was also a tad unconventional, having run away from home at 16 to join the Marines during WWII. Yeah, she was a top sergeant, and I suppose she really did wear combat boots, even though she was a cook. No, I didn't call her "Top". (But she outranked my high school's vice principal, which came in handy, once, when he tried to use his Marine Corps experience to bluster his way through an argument about discipline.) She once told the mother of a fifteen year old girl in the neighborhood (the eldest child of that family, and a girl with respect to whom I had visions of a romantic and/or sexual nature at the time), that parents should make all of their child rearing mistakes on their oldest child and then throw them out. That comment did not assist me in my attempted conquest, since I immediately became persona non grata in the household of my intended.

Via Instantman, of course.
| Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives  
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com