CognoCentric
 

 
Email me at careygage "at" yahoo "dot" com You know what to do with the "at" and the "dot"
 
 
  Steven DenBeste
Glenn Reynolds
James Lileks
Citizen Smash
OpinionJournal Best of the Web
Plain Old OpinionJournal
Moira Breen
Tim Blair
Damian Penny
Stuart Buck
Stephen Green
Rand Simberg
Martin Devon
Fritz Schrank
Meryl Yourish
Happy Fun Pundit
Overlawyered
Unqualified Offerings
Andrew Sullivan
The Onion
The New York Sun
Jane Galt
Mark Steyn
Cut on the Bias
Scrappleface
Bill Whittle
 
 
Wednesday, October 22, 2003
 
Tales from the Gage household.
6:45 pm:
(ring)(ring)
CG: Hello?
Voice: Hello, my name is _________ and I am calling to see if you are interested in refinancing your ...
CG: I am not interested, thank you.
(hang up)
(ring)(ring)
CG: Hello?
Same Voice: Was there some reason that you hung up on me ...
CG: Uhh, yeah. It was a while back, so I'm not sure I remember correctly, but I'm pretty sure it was because I'm not interested. Thank you.
(hang up)
(ring)(ring)
CG (stupidly answering the damn phone): Hello?
Same Voice: Don't do that again.
CG (annoyed): I AM NOT FUCKING INTERESTED, DIPSHIT. DON'T CALL ME AGAIN. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? THANK YOU!
(hang up)
(ring)(ring)
CG: Look, even if you don't mind wasting my time, are you so stupid that you don't realize that you're wasting yours? I mean, I'm pretty sure the words "I'm not interested" would give a normally intelligent salesman a hint. Oh, and by the way, it hasn't changed in the last fifteen seconds.
(hang up)

That had to be the dumbest telephone solicitor I have ever received a call from. He even listened to my last rant.
| Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives  
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com